Earlier, the President trump said about the intention to terminate joint exercises with South Korea
Large-scale military exercises the U.S. and South Korea “indefinitely suspended”, reported on Thursday by AFP, a senior representative of the us government.
On Tuesday, the US President Donald trump said that the United States will cease “provocative” joint military exercises with South Korea, but did not specify when it would happen.
“Large-scale military exercises on the Korean Peninsula indefinitely suspended,” said the source.
In South Korea, is based about 28 500 American soldiers, who regularly conduct joint training with local forces.
In August normally begin a two-week exercise “Guard of the Ulchi freedom” (Ulchi Freedom Guardian), based on operational testing of command and control using computer-based tools.
Pyongyang considers the doctrine of provocation and preparation of the invasion of the territory of North Korea.
After last year’s exercises, North Korea launched a ballistic missile over Japan’s territory that provoked an angry reaction from Tokyo and anxiety around the world.
The Pentagon has so far refrained from comment.