Chinese space station “Tiangong-1” has fallen into the Pacific ocean

Chinese space station “Tiangong-1” has fallen into the Pacific ocean


Orbital Chinese space station “Tiangong-1” has made an uncontrolled fall in the South Pacific ocean. A large part of the wreckage of the station burned down during the second passage through the planet’s atmosphere. According to available information, the station fell in a deserted place.

“On 2 April 2018 around 8:15 space station “Tiangong-1″ back into the Earth’s atmosphere”, — reported in the control Center of a manned mission of China, adding that “most of the wreckage of the station burned up in reentry”.

As in the case with the rest of the cosmic debris that sometimes falls to the Ground, it was very difficult to determine exactly where the “Tiangong-1” will find their final resting place. However, Sunday was able to reduce the probable area of the fall, and the time when that decline will happen. However, exactly specify the time and place of the fall still seemed impossible, since the station was moving in low earth orbit at a speed of about 27,000 kilometers per hour.

Before the fall of the station there were concerns that some parts may not burn out in the atmosphere, thereby increasing the level of threats likely fall on residential areas. Fortunately, most of our planet is covered by water and most of the land not inhabited, which significantly reduces the risk of such danger. Experts from the Aerospace Corporation noted that the chance of falling on the person a piece of space debris is one in a trillion.

“Tiangong-1” was launched in 2011 and became China’s first residential space station. During her work she was visited by two Chinese teams taikonaut, among which was the first Chinese woman taikonaut. In fact, “Tiangong-1” was to hold in orbit for only a few years, after which it was planned to shift from the DOE and managed to sink in the ocean. However, in 2016, China announced that the control station is lost – the centre could no longer send and receive signals from the “Tiangong-1”. In the end, the station began to decline, which ultimately led to its fall into the ocean. And fortunately without any consequences.