In “Gazprom” declared plans to increase production in Kurdistan

In “Gazprom” declared plans to increase production in Kurdistan

105
0
SHARE



Photo: Reuters/Pixstream

“Gazprom oil” will continue to work in Iraqi Kurdistan despite ongoing war with banned in Russia, ISIS in the neighboring areas. In 2017, the company intends to increase oil production by 17% to 220 thousand tons, said RBC representative of the company

Despite the ongoing military actions in Syria and Iraq, “Gazprom oil” is not going to stop their work in Iraqi Kurdistan in the North of the country, about 50 km from the fighting. The plans for 2017 — to bring production in the region to 220 thousand tons [increasing by 17.3%], said RBC representative of “Gazprom oil”.

On the territory of Kurdistan, “a Gazprom oil” develops three projects: “Halabja”, “the Jackal” (“a daughter” “Gazprom” Gazprom Neft Middle East belongs in each of these projects is 80%, the remaining 20% of the Kurdistan regional government) and “Garmin” (“Gazprom oil” and canadian company WetsernZagros 40%, Kurdish government — 20%). One report of “Gazprom oil” said that the “Halabja” and “the Jackal”, the company planned to start production in 2018. At the end of 2013, geological reserves of all three units is more than 1 billion tons of oil. Another Iraqi project “Gazprom oil” — “Badr”, located on the territory of Wasit province in Eastern Iraq. In this project, the Russian company has 30%, and it acts as operator. According to preliminary estimates, geological reserves “Badry” amount to more than 3 billion barrels. of oil (more than 410 million tons of oil).



Kurdish oil

On the block “Shakal” drilled two exploration wells already completed additional 3D seismic, as well as completing the processing and interpretation of the data reported by the company on 31 may 2016. On the block “Halabja” ends the interpretation of the 2D seismic completed in 2015, said in her message. And the “Garmin” continued exploration of the field and preparations were made for its full development. In 2015, the field Sarkana (“Garmin”), “Gazprom oil” has extracted 218,5 thousand tonnes of crude oil in 2016 expected 187,6 thousand tons of oil. This plan is executed, said RBC representative of the company.

“Gazprom oil” is ready to continue to invest in its projects in Kurdistan. “Currently, we do not see any risks that could affect our work in Iraqi Kurdistan,” said RBC General Director of “Gazprom oil” Alexander Dyukov. But the size of the investment in 2017 neither he nor a company spokesman revealed.

The government of Kurdistan, its oil reserves amount to 45 billion barrels. (over 6 billion tons). In November of 2016 oil production in Kurdistan, increased by 7.7% to 19.6 million barrels., relatively Nov 2015, according to the website of the Ministry of natural resources of the region. According to the publication Iraq-business news, in Kurdistan, in addition to “Gazprom oil” work of 26 international oil companies. As “Gazprom Neft”, they are not going to abandon their projects. The intention to continue working in the region told RBC representatives of the Austrian OMV, Norwegian DNO, Gulf Keystone Petroleum, a British, Turkish Genel Energy and Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA; United Arab Emirates).

Armed conflict in Syria began more than five years ago — in 2011. Initially the fighting was between government forces controlled by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the opposition “Free Syrian army”. Then in a confrontation with government troops joined radical Islamist groups, including the banned terrorist organization “Islamic state of Iraq and the Levant” (ISIL). Secular opposition to Assad has faded into the background. Active military operations in Iraq are conducted from 2014 then, at the same time, the militants attacked the city of Mosul, located in Northern Iraq. In September 2015 a military operation in Syria on the side of Assad, Russia started according to the calculations of RBC, on the campaign daily, takes at least $2.5 million At the end of 2016, defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said that Syria has created opportunities to reduce groupings of the Armed forces of Russia, and President Vladimir Putin agreed with this proposal.